As an Insignia TV owner, knowing how to control your TV with a universal remote sometimes becomes a necessity.
Insignia TV Remote Codes are numerical sequences that enable various universal remotes to communicate with Insignia TVs. These codes help you in programming the remote to control the TV’s basic functions that you did with the original one.
When programming a universal remote for an Insignia TV, it’s important to gather the right TV remote codes. These codes can be found in the universal remote’s manual or sometimes online. They are specific to each universal remote brand and manufacturer.
Here are some examples of Insignia TV remote codes for popular universal remote brands:
|Brand||Insignia TV Remote Codes|
|All In One||0150, 0091, 0133, 0029, 0103, 0116|
|Bose||10171, 11204, 11326, 11517, 11641, 12002, 11564|
|Four digit codes||0103, 0189, 0217, 0135, 0133, 0116, 0167, 0456|
|General Electric (GE)||1406, 1407, 1408, 1181, 1180, 1175, 0456, 0029, 0905, 1171, 0103, 0189, 0217, 0135, 0133, 0116, 0167, 1148|
|InnovAge||000, 001, 004, 009, 035, 038, 045|
|LG||0030, 0056, 0178, 0714, 1325, 1423, 1628|
|One for All||0054, 1204|
|Panasonic||06, 07, 15, 18, 20, 0017, 0054, 0178, 0317, 0457, 1564, 0171, 1204, 2002, 2003, 2004, 1326, 1517, 1660|
|Philips||0198, 0490, 0115|
|Potenza||2002, 0171, 1204, 1326, 1517, 1963|
|RCA||12184, 12417, 135, 12049, 11423, 11564, 10171, 10463, 11810, 11892, 11963|
|RadioShack||505, 511, 038, 173, 228, 238, 252, 253, 272, 290, 307, 325, 381, 417, 420, 477|
|Samsung||47, 48, 49, 59, 60, 98, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 15, 16, 17, 18, 40, 43, 46|
|Sony||068, 069, 078, 096, 100, 164, 168, 229, 026, 00171, 01204, 01423, 01564, 02049, 10675, 12428, 12596, 00171, 01517, 01710, 01780, 01892, 02002, 02049, 20288, 02417|
|Toshiba||0156, 0060, 0154, 003|
|Vizio||0864, 0885, 1330, 1342, 11758, 10864, 10885, 11756, 10178|
Finding the Correct Remote Code for Any TV
To program your universal remote to work with your Insignia TV, you first need to find the correct remote code. Different universal remotes use different codes, and newer Insignia TVs may have different codes than older models.
Here are a couple of ways to find the correct code for your TV:
Using the Code List
Many universal remotes come with a list of codes for various TV brands and models. Refer to this list to find the appropriate code for your Insignia TV.
For example, some common Insignia TV codes for popular remote brands include:
|Remote Brand||Remote Codes|
|RCA||135, 12049, 11423, 11564, 10171, 10463, 11810, 11892, 11963, 12184, 12417|
|GE||0103, 0189, 0217, 0135, 0133, 0116, 0167, 0456, 0029|
Another option is to use an online resource to search for the appropriate code.
Some websites might have updated lists of codes, especially if you own a newer Insignia TV or if your universal remote has been released after the publication of the code list.
For instance, use an online search engine to find the Insignia TV remote codes and compare those codes with your remote’s brand and model. This way, you can ensure you have the most up-to-date codes for your remote and TV.
Programming Your Insignia TV Remote
In this section, we’ll guide you through the process of programming your Insignia TV remote using two methods: manually entering the remote code and using the code search function. Let’s dive into the details.
A. Manually Entering the Remote Code
The first method involves manually entering the remote code. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- Turn on your Insignia TV.
- Press the “TV” button on your universal remote.
- Check for the most common Insignia TV remote codes (such as 0179, 0236, 0463, 1463, 0180) in the remote control’s instruction manual or online sources.
- Enter the remote code using the number pad on the universal remote while pointing it at the Insignia TV.
- Wait for the TV to respond. If it doesn’t, try the next code on the list.
- Once the TV responds, test the remote by pressing the volume or channel buttons to ensure it’s properly programmed.
B. Using the Code Search Function
The second method makes use of the code search function on your universal remote. Here’s how to use this function:
- Turn on your Insignia TV.
- Press and hold the “Code Search” or “Setup” button on your universal remote until the indicator light turns on.
- Press the “TV” button on the remote.
- Point the remote at the Insignia TV and repeatedly press the “Power” or “Channel” button until the TV turns off or changes channels.
- Once the TV responds, release the “Code Search” or “Setup” button to lock in the code.
- Test the remote by pressing the volume or channel buttons to ensure it’s properly programmed.
These are the two main methods for programming your Insignia TV remote. Happy programming!
Troubleshooting Common Issues
In this section, we will discuss some common issues that you may encounter while using your Insignia TV remote and provide solutions to help you resolve them.
A. Incorrect Remote Code
One of the most common issues when programming your Insignia TV remote is using an incorrect code. To ensure you have the correct code, try the following steps:
- Check the list of Insignia TV remote codes provided by the manufacturer or search for them online.
- Try each code one by one until you find the one that works best with your TV.
- If none of the codes work, try using the “search for code” or “auto-program” feature available on most remotes.
B. Remote Not Responding
If your Insignia TV remote is not responding, try these troubleshooting techniques:
- Check if the batteries are properly installed or if they need replacement.
- Make sure there are no physical obstructions between the remote and the TV sensor.
- Reset your TV by going to Settings > System > Reset to Factory Defaults. If your remote won’t work to navigate to those settings, press and hold the Power button on your TV until you get a factory reset dialog on your screen.
- If the issue persists, you may need to replace the remote or contact Insignia Support for help.
C. Function Limitations
Some Insignia TV remote functions might have limitations or not work as expected in certain situations. Here are some tips to resolve these issues:
- Check your TV’s user manual for feature compatibility or any specific instructions that need to be followed.
- Some functions, like “Input” or “Menu,” might require you to be in a specific mode or have certain devices connected to access them.
- If certain functions of the remote still don’t work, it may be a limitation of the remote or your TV. Contact Insignia Support for further assistance or consider upgrading to a universal remote.
In this section, we’ll provide some additional resources to help you find Insignia TV remote codes
and learn more about universal remotes.
- Insignia TV Support: Visit the official Insignia website to find support articles, FAQs, and contact information for customer service. They can provide assistance with finding the correct remote codes and troubleshooting issues.
- Universal Remote Manuals: Consult the instruction manual that came with your universal remote to get a complete list of codes and programming instructions. If you’ve misplaced the manual, most manufacturers provide digital copies on their websites.
- Online Forums and Communities: Online forums and communities are valuable sources of information for those looking for help with their Insignia TV remote codes. Many users share their experiences, tips, and solutions on platforms such as Reddit, AVS Forum, and other TV or home theater-focused communities.
- YouTube Tutorials: Video tutorials on YouTube can be a great resource for learning how to program your universal remote to work with your Insignia TV. Many content creators share step-by-step instructions, making it easy to follow along and program your remote.
- Download Insignia TV Remote App: Here is the link for the app.
In conclusion, Insignia TV remote codes are essential for programming your universal remote to control your Insignia TV.
By using the correct code and following the programming instructions, you can enjoy a seamless TV-watching experience.
If you encounter any issues, don’t hesitate to consult your remote’s manual, or the Insignia support team or online resources to help you troubleshoot and resolve the problem.